Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Our New Neighbors

One day I was shooting up and down like a pogo-stick on my trampoline. My mom and the Solomon sisters were walking Zoey our dog. A third grade girl with blond pigtails a white shirt and jeans came running over to me. A red headed woman and two little boys followed her. The mother said “this is Abby, Duncan, and Max”. I shyly said” Hello”. Abby said pointing to molly “is that your dog?”
I proudly said, ”Yes. It is my dog. Her name is Molly.”
The three children’s mother said, ”It’s time to go eat supper.”
They said good-bye to me and went home to eat supper.
After I was introduced to that family I saw my mother and my friends. I sprinted to them. As I tried to stop I told my mom I met the new neighbors. She told me sounding surprised, ”Really?”
I said “Yes! Yes! I did”. I told her they were very nice and my friends were surprised I had neighbors again.
The next day they came over and we played on the trampoline and the swings.
That night after I met them I thought that I was getting lots of neighbors and more friends.
That night I dreamed when I was grown up everyone would be friends and there would be no enemies.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Another excellent story. You have a true knack for writing, Jenna. Keep it up! Your beginning is especially good--starting right off with a simile and some alliteration. Wow! By the way: I have the same dream...all friends, no enemies.